Monday, March 2, 2015

Loves Rubberstamps Tuesday Challenge: Coloring with Distress Markers and Wink of Stella



Hi Everyone!  Can you believe we're already in the month of March?!!  This year is definitely moving so fast!  Well to start off the shamrock month, we have a fun challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps and it is the ever so popular "Anything Goes"!!!

Here is my card...


I had so much fun making my card using this sweet image called Yuki by Saturated Canary.  Instead of using my normal copics, I decided to use some Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color her up.  I used a technique shown by Kristina Werner where she used her Wink of Stella glitter pen instead of water to blend out the distress markers.  You can see her video here.   It took me a while to get the hang of it but once I did, it was pretty easy and I love the cool look and all the shimmer it left behind!!!  I also water colored my background using some of my Tim Holtz distress inks.  The sentiment Hello comes from a W9 stamp set and I embossed it with some black sparkling powder by Ranger.  I finished off my card using some yellow twine and a few sequins.

Here are the additional supplies used on my card:
Mustard Seed -Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Picked Raspberry - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Victorian Velvet - Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Pumice Stone - Tim Holtz Distress Ink


Thanks so much for stopping by and makes sure to stop over at the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge blog get the details for this challenge and to see the amazing DT cards for some inspiration!

Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card Marcy! Everything about it is gorgeous especially the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background, this is so super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete