Saturday, January 18, 2014

Loves Rubberstamps Saturday Inspiration Day: You are Beautiful!

Hello Friends and Happy Saturday!

Hope all of you enjoyed your week and that some of you may also be able to enjoy an extended holiday weekend for Martin Luther King.  I am off of work on Monday so I'm looking forward to getting some additional crafting time in!

So today's card features the adorable Saturated Canary image called "Nevaeh".   I just love all of the Saturated Canary images and my collection is slowly growing.  Not only are they adorable but most of these images have the prettiest hair which I love to practice coloring with!  Nevaeh is no different and I had so much fun coloring up her hair and everything else with my copics!  I also added some stickles in "Pink Taffeta" on the ruffle and parts of her dress to give her more shimmer.  I went with one of my new favorite color combos of purple and teal.  I don't have a lot of paper collections with purple so I was excited to find this DCWV pad at Michaels called "Violet Leaf".   I also took out my new Christmas toy called the "Bow it All" and made this fancy bow.   Loving this new tool as I am not great with bows! Lol  The sentiment "You are Beautiful" comes from an MFT set called "DC Polka Dot Greetings".   I thought it was perfect to use along side the Beautiful Nevaeh! :)  Finally,  I added some  flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and teal pearls from my stash.


Supplies Used:
Nevaeh-Saturated Canary
Black Tuxedo-Memento Ink
Seedless Preserves-Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Violet Leaf-DCWV
Flowers-Wild Orchid Crafts (Soon to come!)

Be sure to stop by the Loves Rubberstamps store to see all of the beautiful Saturated Canary images. Laura is constantly getting new ones in the store!

You still have time to join in on the "Use Metal" Loves Rubberstamps Challenge and don't forget to join tomorrow's "Sensational Sunday" blog hop starting right here to win some fun prizes!

Hope you like my card and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy














8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marcy! Your color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combo. Your colouring is awesome as always. Stunning use of ribbon. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy, that is so beautiful! Gorgeous colouring and magnificent bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the colors you used and your layout. Fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right - the hair is gorgeous. But that bow is absolutely stunning...
    BCU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooooh!!! I love the sentiment on the flag & the gorgeous colors you chose for her!!! That bow is a star & I can tell you I just started using a bow maker -- best thing ever. Right..,?!
    What were we doing before those...?!!
    Lol.
    Great job on her hair, too sweetie !!
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcy she looks beautiful, you really nailed the hair! Do you like the Bowdabra? I think I have to get one!

    ReplyDelete