Sunday, May 5, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps Sunday Blog Hop featuring Anya Blooms


Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $10 Loves Rubberstamps store gift certificate. So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love for the Designers! You have until Saturday, May 3, at 8pm CST. Have fun and we hope that you enjoy the hop!
If you've arrived here from Lydia's blog you are right on track! If not, I have posted the whole blog hop list below just in case you get lost along the way!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's been hot and windy here the last few days and we've had some bad brush fires impacting us.  Fortunately, the fire has passed us but it was pretty scary  knowing that it was so close by.  The air quality has not been great due to the winds and all the ashes blowing in the air.  Our Baseball games have been cancelled and my kids were disappointed that they were stuck inside the classrooms at school as well last week. 

Here's a pic showing the view from our house a few days ago...



However, this weekend seems better and hopefully things will go back to normal soon.  I heard it might actually rain this week sometime which would be good but talk about crazy weather!!! LOL
Anyways, I was able to get a card together for my friend's birthday and I wanted to share that for the blog hop!

And here is my card....


I wanted to use one of my new favorite stamps from The Greeting Farm and this one is called Anya Blooms!  You might have seen her on my blog in the beginning of March. I was so excited to be part of the TGF Guest Design Team to showcase the March release.  When I saw this image, I just really loved her and couldn't wait to use her on my cards and projects.  I had made a few cards and my friend also really loved this image.  So I decided to use Anya Blooms for my friend's birthday card!  I used her favorite colors green and orange which is not a combo I usually use but I had a lot of fun trying these colors out and making this card.  I colored up Anya using my copic sketch markers.  I paper pieced her dress and the collection I used for this as well as  the background is by My Mind's Eye called Reunion.  edged all of my papers with Tim Holtz distress ink in Spiced Marmalade.  I placed Anya on some layered Spellbinders called Lacey Ovals.  The large orange daisy  was created using some plain white petals from I Am Roses.  I colored these up with my Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Apricot.  I added a white pearl center given to me in a RAK by a friend.  The green flowers are from Michael's dollar bin and the small flowers are from a Recollections flower jar I've had forever.  I was so glad to finally use these!  The bling is also from Recollections. The sentiment "Cheers to You" is from another TGF stamp set called Blush Beatrice.  I stamped this on a handmade banner using memento ink in Black Tuxedo.  

Please be sure to check out the Loves Rubberstamps store to find crafting supplies used on this project.  Also check out the Loves Rubberstamps blog to see design team projects as well as information on prizes and winnings!

Hope you all like my card and thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!:)
Your next stop on the hop is Ivonne!

Here is this week's roster:

14 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the colors and the beautiful papers. The coloring and the paper piecing looks amazing! Sorry too hear about the fires close to your house, hope you and your family stay safe. Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie!!! Great job coloring her hair, Marcy! This is an all around gorgeous card.
    Hugs, Kathya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Your coloring is one to be marveled! Love the color combo of the green and orange - so festive and bright and vivid and fresh! Super fun!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I love the image and your coloring is so amazing. I love the bright colors and the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, I love the colors and the great design. OMGosh look at all that smoke! that was too close. I hope you get some rain to settle all that crap out of the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful photo!!! and i just love the card. such summery colours...now that we are getting a summer...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fires are scary.> I am glad they missed you. Loving the orange and bright green! Great colors together and just an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a little too close for comfort! How scary! You can have some of our rain AND snow! It snowed for two days here on the 2nd and 3rd how crazy for May! Hope that they get those fires under control! Your card is so adorable! Love the summery feel - cuz I am ready for summer - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a seriously fun, bright and summery card. The colour combo is just perfect for this Anya Blooms image. I may have to add it to my stash... BCU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the weather is cooperating now for you. Scarey to see that fire that close to home I am sure. Rain will do you some good. We haven't had any here either, and they are calling for it over the weekend (ugh, Mother's Day, and Confirmation weekend for us..). Your card is just fabulous. The orange and green combo is just so perfect and happy. I love her shiny hair, and paper pieced dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWE this is very Beautiful!!!! love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I have just been visiting the farm...and have seen the great news that you will be guestdesigner this month..
    So happy for you, and I cannot wait to see what you are up to.

    HUgs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and color scheme!

    ReplyDelete