Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rolodex Beach Swap using Syren the Mermaid

Hi Bloggers! Sorry I've been neglecting my blog lately!  Work has been so crazy and between that and family events, I've hardly had any time to myself. :( I have been working on some projects little by little including this Rolodex Swap I wanted to share with you all!  The swap is a "Beach" theme and I although I had some different ideas, I decided to go with the Mermaid underwater theme.  For this, I pulled out my favorite mermaid "Syren" from the Greeting Farm.  I love this image so much! She definitely was a challenge when coloring hair for 12 cards but fortunately, I've used her so much that it wasn't too terrible.  I just had to pace myself! Lol  So I colored her up with my copic markers and then I add some Ice Stickles in "Diamond" to her tail to give it shimmer.  I also used my Glitter pen in teal for her eyelids.  The shell is an old sizzix diecut.  I cut it out on white card stock and then glimmer misted it with Tattered Angels "Crushed Shells" and "Cherub Pink".  Behind the shell, I wanted the background to have a coral effect and punched out some coral glitter paper with my Martha Stewart leaf punch.  I added a small white rosette from I am Roses.  The little dimensional crab on the shell is from a Jolee Sticker set. On the bottom, I added some fine glitter in white.  My intent was to make this look like sand but I think it was a little washed out by the background.  Still, I added it to all the cards and some pearl trim to border it.  I added a few white rhinestones to give it a "Bubble" effect. The paper collection I used was Recollections "Surf's Up".  The front is just plain blue but the back has cute little colorful fish.  I hope the participants who receive it will like it! :)  Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week! :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute. What a lot of coloring! You did a great job on these. Love your layout. Kind of like an ATC card. I'm not good at those. I'm sure those who receive it will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Such lovely work. I can't imagine how much time this must have taken you. Your coloring is so amazing and every time I see a piece that you colored I am thinking how I need to take a class. The details on your card make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute set of card. Her hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete