Sunday, April 15, 2012

Birthday Card using Balloon Kaylee

Hello and hope you all had a great weekend! Where did it go?  I feel like it was just Friday! :)  I wanted to get more "scrapping" done but I barely had time to make some cards for my 1st card swap at the Scrapbeach.  I hope whoever gets my cards will like them!  The adorable image I used is "Balloon Kaylee" which came from a Some Odd Girl stamp.  I colored her up with my copic markers and paper pieced part of her clothing.  The papers I used for this and also the background of my card came from  Cosmo Cricket "Hey Sugar" collection. This is an older collection but one of my favorites! I stamped "Celebrate" on one of the background papers and made a banner out of it using a punch.  Behind Kaylee is a Spellbinder "Lacy Scallops" die.  I layers some lace below her.  The lace was originally white and I sprayed it with Tattered Angels "Vanilla Breeze" to give it that vintage look.  I also added a Prima teal daisy as an embellishment and layered a beige crochet flower on top of it.  I added a white pearl as a center.  Hope you like my card and thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week ahead!:)

6 comments:

  1. You have nothing to worry about! I'm sure whoever receives your cards will be thrilled! I sure would! they are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy: She is precious. You have a knack with these girls! Great coloring and the fab backgrounds. I love the idea of antiquing the lace. I can't wait to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Her paper pieced clothes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those papers you used. Great job on the paper piecing. What a cute image and you colored her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image and a great mix of pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete